When you contact us or visit our websites, your personal information is stored securely and processed fairly as required by the Data Protection Act 1998.
- What information we may collect about you
- How we will use your information and ensure this is not shared with organisations outside the Ministry of Defence
- How long your information may be held on our systems
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us
- How cookies are used on our websites and the options available to reject these
How we collect information
We collect personal information when you
- Register online, request an information pack or submit an application through our websites
- Complete a printed form, questionnaire or coupon
- Contact us by phone, post, or email.
What we do with this information
We use the personal information you provide to answer your enquiries, fulfil information requests, process orders, and to make improvements to our websites.
We do not share personal information
We will not share your personal details with other organisations.
Your information may be handled by the companies we use to provide data processing and marketing services. These third-parties are required to comply strictly with our privacy policies that prohibit the use of personal data for their own business purposes.
How long do we keep your information
Your information will be held on our systems for as long as is necessary to answer your requests.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only contact or send information to those people who have given us permission to do so.
If you choose to receive these communications, you will be given the opportunity to select your preferences for post, phone, email or text messages. You can change these preferences whenever you provide us with your contact details or at any time by logging on to My Account (if you have registered online).
What information do we hold about you
You can request a report detailing all the information we hold about you by writing to the address below.
What to do if you don’t want us to contact you in the future
Write to the address below asking us not to contact you again.
What to do if you want us to remove your details from our record
Write to the address below asking us to delete your details from our records.
More information about the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights can be found at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
Freedom of Information
More information about the Freedom of Information Act 2000 can be found at www.foi.mod.uk